Registration Information for Students New to KMS

*Once required documents are completed/obtained, call 313-6421 to make an appointment with Registrar.
*Completed forms can be sent to [email protected] or faxed to (808)323-7584. 
Required Documents:
  • Completed KMS Enrollment Instructions
  • Completed SIS-10W (Printable) or SIS-10W (Fillable)
  • Completed Emergency Card
  • Student birth certificate: If the student is from a foreign country, the student’s passport or student visa is acceptable. 
  • Valid photo ID of parent/guardian (e.g. driver's license, passport, state ID)
  • Proof of current address: Documentation by the parent or legal guardian that the child resides at an address within the school’s attendance boundary. (Link to our SchoolSite Locator​ to see school district boundaries and explore school locations.) Preferred documentation to establish proof of residence includes the following (at least one required for online registration, however a school may request additional documentation):
    • Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or current real property assessment document in the parent/guardian's name. A signed and accepted offer to a lease agreement from the leasing office is acceptable, if the following are included: Parent/legal guardian's name and signature with date of acceptance; residential address; effective date of offer; available unit date; and, deadline to respond date.
    • Utility bill for water, electric, gas or telephone that indicates that the billing is in the parent/guardian’s name and is being sent to the house; and
    • if the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation: (a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend; (b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence; (c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence; (d) A copy of the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and (e) Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence.
Falsification of documents submitted is subject to penalty under Hawaii Revised Statutes 710-1063, resulting in the child being sent back to the school where he/she should properly be attending. The Department may pursue prosecution at its discretion.
Families experiencing unstable housing are covered by enrollment guidelines provided in the McKinney-Vento Act.  Please contact a community liaison in your area.
Other documents, if applicable:
  • Documents from a previous school:These can include a release packet with an unofficial transcript or latest report card, and for special education students, the Individual Education Plan.  For 504 students, the 504 Plan.
  • Legal documents:
    • Power of Attorney if the child is not living with the parents.
    • Temporary Restraining Order.
    • Guardianship documents.
    • Legal name change.
    • Court orders.​


Student Health and Immunization Requirements:
We work in conjunction with the Department of Health to ensure that students meet key health requirements.All children attending school in Hawaii must have a signed and completed Student’s Health Record to document the following:


  • Tuberculosis (TB) clearance: Please see below and visit the Department of Health website for more information:
  • Physical Examination: Must be completed within one year before:
    • First date of attendance at a preschool or school in Hawai‘i and
    • First date of attendance in the 7th grade.
  • Immunizations: Required immunizations depend on the age and/or grade of the student.
    • Beginning July 1, 2020, additional immunizations are required for students entering preschool, kindergarten, 7th grade, and all students entering school in Hawaii for the first time, regardless of age. 
    • Children may be exempt from immunization requirements for medical or religious reasons.
  • Medications: If your child requires emergency rescue medications or other daily/routine prescribed medications, please fill out this form and take it to the school.
A student who does not have documentation of all the required immunizations or a physical examination may be allowed provisional entry with verification of an upcoming medical appointment.
If a child is experiencing unstable housing (per the McKinney-Vento Act) or is an undocumented immigrant, refugee, or seeking asylum (as established by Plyer v. Doe), he/she may enroll and attend class while a school arranges for the transfer of health records or while a Community Homeless Concerns Liaison assists the student in meeting health requirements.

Geographic Exception:

Students living outside of the area who wish to attend Konawaena Middle may request an exception from January 1st to March 1st each year by completing a Geographic Exception Request (GE Request Form CHP13-1). Due to limited capacity at KMS, the number of students living outside of our geographic boundaries may be restricted. Transportation to and from school for "GE" students is the responsibility of the parents, unless approved by the district transportation officer.